นี่คือหน้าทดลองเขียนของ EZBELLA หน้าทดลองเขียนเป็นหน้าย่อยของหน้าผู้ใช้ ซึ่งผู้ใช้มีไว้ทดลองเขียนหรือไว้พัฒนาหน้าต่าง ๆ แต่นี่ไม่ใช่หน้าบทความสารานุกรม ทดลองเขียนได้ที่นี่
หน้าทดลองเขียนอื่น ๆ: หน้าทดลองเขียนหลัก
ถ้าร่างบทความเสร็จแล้ว คุณอาจขอให้ผู้ใช้ที่มีประสบการณ์มาตรวจดูว่า สามารถทำเป็นบทความได้เลยหรือไม่
- 1 โลก
- 1.1 ละติจูดและลองจิจูด
- 1.2 Elevation
- 1.3 Remoteness
- 1.4 Center
- 1.5 Longest lines between two points
- 2 Notes
- เหนือสุดของโลก คือขั้วโลกเหนือในมหาสมุทรอาร์กติก
- ใต้สุดของโลกและผืนดินที่อยู่ใต้สุดของโลก คือขั้วโลกใต้บนทวีปแอนตาร์กติกา
- ตะวันออกและตะวันตกสุดของโลก การแบ่งตะวันตกตะวันออกยึดตามเส้นลองจิจูด ซึ่งพบตามเส้นเมริเดียนที่ 180 องศาในไซบีเรีย (รวมถึงเกาะแรงเกล), แอนตาร์กติกา, หรือเกาะทั้ง 3 ของฟีจี (คาบสมุทรทางตะวันออกของเกาะวานูอาเลวู ตอนกลางของเกาะตาเวอูนีและตะวันตอของเกาะรัมบี)
- The highest point on the Earth's surface measured from sea level is the summit of Mount Everest on the border of Nepal and China. While measurements of its height vary slightly, the elevation of its peak is usually given as แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff above sea level. It was first reached by Sir Edmund Hillary of New Zealand and Sherpa of Nepal Tenzing Norgay in 1953 (with speculation that it may have been reached in 1924).
- The point farthest from the Earth's center is the summit of Chimborazo in Ecuador, at 6,384.4 กิโลเมตร (3,967.1 ไมล์) from the center of the earth (the peak's elevation in relation to sea level is 6,263.47 เมตร (20,549 ฟุต)).[note 2] This is because the Earth is an oblate spheroid rather than a perfect sphere: it is wider at the equator and narrower between the poles. Therefore, the summit of Chimborazo, which is near the equator, is farther away from the center of the Earth than the summit of Mount Everest (the summit of Mount Everest is แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff closer, at แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff to the Earth's center). Peru's Huascarán (at 6,768 เมตร (22,205 ฟุต)) contends closely with Chimborazo, the difference in the mountains' heights being just แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff.
- The fastest point on Earth, or in other words, the point furthest from the axis of Earth is the summit of Cayambe in Ecuador at 1,675.89 กม./ชม. (1,041 ไมล์/ชม.) and 6,383.95 กิโลเมตร (3,967 ไมล์) from the axis. Like Chimborazo, which is the fourth fastest peak at 1,675.47 กม./ชม. (1,041 ไมล์/ชม.), it is close to the equator and takes advantage of the oblate spheroid nature of the Earth. More importantly, however, it being so near the equator means that the majority of it's distance from the center of the Earth goes into it being away from the axis. The importance of latitude becomes most apparent when one looks a the Challenger Deep (speed of 1,639.15 กม./ชม. (1,019 ไมล์/ชม.)) compared to Mount Everest (speed of 1,481.67 กม./ชม. (921 ไมล์/ชม.)).
Highest points attainable by transportation[แก้]
- The highest point accessible...
- ...by land vehicle is an elevation of 6,688 เมตร (21,940 ฟุต) on Ojos del Salado in Chile, which was reached by the Chilean duo of Gonzalo Bravo G. and Eduardo Canales Moya on 21 April 2007 with a modified Suzuki Samurai, setting the high-altitude record for a four-wheeled vehicle.
- ...by road (dead end) is on a mining road to the summit of Aucanquilcha in Chile, which reaches an elevation of แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff. It was once usable by 20-tonne mining trucks. The road is no longer usable.
- ...by road (mountain pass) is disputed; there are a number of competing claims for this title due to the definition of "motorable pass" (i.e. a surfaced road or one simply passable by a vehicle):
- The highest asphalted road crosses Tibet's Semo La pass at แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff. It is used by trucks and buses regularly. The Ticlio pass, on the Central Road of Peru, is the highest surfaced road in the Americas, at an elevation of แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff.
- The highest unsurfaced road is claimed by several different roads. All are unsurfaced or gravel roads including the barely passable road to Umling La, 17 กิโลเมตร (11 ไมล์) west of Demchok in Ladakh, India, which reaches แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff ("19,300 feet" according to a Border Roads Organisation sign there that recognizes it as the "World's Highest Motorable Pass"), and Mana Pass, between India and Tibet, which is crossed by a gravel road reaching แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff. The heavily trafficked Khardung La in Ladakh lies at แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff. A possibly motorable gravel road crosses Marsimik La in Ladakh at แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff.
- ...by train is Tanggula Pass, located on the Qinghai–Tibet (Qingzang) Railway in the Tanggula Mountains of Qinghai/Tibet, China, at แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff. The Tanggula railway station is the world's highest railway station at แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff. Before the Qingzang Railway was built, the highest railway ran between Lima and Huancayo in Peru, reaching แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff at Ticlio.
- ...by oceangoing vessel is a segment of the Rhine–Main–Danube Canal between the Hilpoltstein and Bachhausen locks in Bavaria, Germany. The locks artificially raise the surface level of the water in the canal to แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff above mean sea level, higher than any other lock system in the world, making it the highest point currently accessible by oceangoing commercial watercraft.
- The highest commercial airport is Daocheng Yading Airport, Sichuan, China, at แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff. The proposed Nagqu Dagring Airport in Tibet, China, if built, will be แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff higher at แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff.
- The highest helipad is Sonam, Siachen Glacier, India, at a height of แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff above sea level.
- The highest permanent human settlement is La Rinconada, Peru, แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff, in the Peruvian Andes.
- The farthest road from the Earth's center is the Road to Carrel Hut in the Ecuadorian Andes, at an elevation of แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff above sea level and a distance of แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff from the center of the Earth.
Highest geographical features[แก้]
- The highest volcano is Ojos del Salado on the Argentina–Chile border. It has the highest summit, แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff, of any volcano on Earth.
- The highest natural lake is an unnamed crater lake on Ojos del Salado at แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff, on the Argentina side. Another candidate is Lhagba Pool on the northeast slopes of Mount Everest, Tibet, China, at an elevation of แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff.
- The highest navigable lake is Lake Titicaca, on the border of Bolivia and Peru in the Andes, at แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff.
- The highest glacier is the Khumbu Glacier on the southwest slopes of Mount Everest in Nepal, beginning on the west side of Lhotse at an elevation of แม่แบบ:Convert/Dual/LoffAinDbSoff.
- The highest river is disputed; one candidate from many possibilities is the Ating Ho, which flows into the Aong Tso (Hagung Tso), a large lake in Tibet, China, and has an elevation of about แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff at its source at . A very large and high river is the Yarlung Tsangpo or upper Brahmaputra River in Tibet, China, whose main stem, the Maquan River, has its source at about แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff above sea level at . Above these elevations, there are no constantly flowing rivers since the temperature is almost always below freezing.
- The highest island is one of a number of islands in the Orba Co lake in Tibet, China, at an elevation of แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff.
Lowest artificial points[แก้]
- The lowest point underground ever reached was แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff deep (SG-3 at Kola superdeep borehole).
- The lowest human-sized point underground is แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff below ground at the TauTona Mine, Carletonville, South Africa.
- The lowest (from sea level) artificially made point with open sky may be the Hambach surface mine, Germany, which reaches a depth of แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff below sea level.
- The lowest (from surface) artificially made point with open sky may be the Bingham Canyon open-pit mine, Salt Lake City, United States, at a depth of แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff below surface level.
- The lowest point underwater is the แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff-deep (as measured from the subsea wellhead) oil and gas well drilled on the Tiber Oil Field in the Gulf of Mexico. The wellhead of this well was an additional แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff underwater for a total distance of แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff as measured from sea level.
Lowest natural points[แก้]
- The lowest known point is Challenger Deep, at the bottom of the Mariana Trench, แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff below sea level. Only three humans have reached the bottom of the trench: Jacques Piccard and U.S. Navy Lieutenant Don Walsh in 1960 aboard the bathyscaphe Trieste, and filmmaker James Cameron in 2012 aboard Deepsea Challenger.
- The lowest point underground is more than แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff under the Earth's surface. For example, the altitude difference between the entrance and the deepest explored point (the maximum depth) of the Krubera Cave in Georgia is แม่แบบ:Convert/Dual/LoffAinDbSoff. In 2012, Ukrainian cave diver Gennadiy Samokhin reached the lowest point, breaking the world record.
- The lowest point on land not covered by liquid water is the valley under the Byrd Glacier in Antarctica, which reaches แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff below sea level. It is, however, covered by a thick layer of ice.
- The lowest point on dry land is the shore of the Dead Sea, shared by Jordan, Palestine, and Israel, แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff below sea level.
- The point closest to the Earth's center on the Earth's surface (interpreted as a natural surface of the land or sea that is accessible by a person) is the surface of the Arctic Ocean at the Geographic North Pole (แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDorSoff).
- The closest point on the ground (interpreted as a land surface or sea floor) is the bottom of the Litke Deep, the deepest point of the Arctic Ocean, which is แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff from the center of the Earth. By comparison, the bottom of the deepest oceanic trench in the world, the Mariana Trench in the Pacific Ocean, is แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff farther from the center of the Earth.
Lowest points attainable by transportation[แก้]
- The lowest point accessible...
- ...by road, excluding roads in mines, is any of the roads alongside the Dead Sea in Israel and Jordan, which are the lowest on Earth at แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff below sea level.
- ...by train, excluding the tracks inside some South African gold mines, which can be several thousand meters below sea level, is located in the Seikan Tunnel of Japan railroad, at แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff below sea level. By way of comparison, the undersea Channel Tunnel between England and France reaches a depth of แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff below sea level.
The lowest railroad station was the Japanese Yoshioka-Kaitei Station, at แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff below sea level, but it was closed in 2014. The lowest railroad not inside a tunnel is แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff below sea level, on the Mojave Desert between Yuma, Arizona, and Palm Springs, California, in the United States of America.
- The lowest airfield is the Bar Yehuda Airfield (MTZ), near Masada, Israel, at แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff below sea level.
- The lowest commercial airport is Atyrau Airport (GUW), near Atyrau, Kazakhstan, at แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff below sea level, in the basin of the Caspian Sea.
Baku is located 28 metres (92 ft) below sea level, which makes it the lowest lying national capital in the world and also the largest city in the world located below sea level.
Poles of inaccessibility[แก้]
Each continent has its own continental pole of inaccessibility, defined as the place on the continent that is farthest from any ocean. Similarly, each ocean has its own oceanic pole of inaccessibility, defined as the place in the ocean that is farthest from any land.
- The most distant point from an ocean is the Eurasian Pole of Inaccessibility (or "EPIA") China's Xinjiang region near the border with Kazakhstan. Calculations have shown that this point, located in the Dzoosotoyn Elisen Desert, is แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff from the nearest coastline. The nearest settlement to the EPIA is Suluk at , about แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff to the east.[ต้องการอ้างอิง] A recent study suggests that the historical calculation of the EPIA failed to recognize the point where the Gulf of Ob joins the Arctic Ocean, and proposes instead that varying definitions of coastline could result in other locations for the EPIA: , in
- If adopted, this would place the final EPIA roughly แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff closer to the ocean than the point that is currently agreed upon. Coincidentally, EPIA1, or EPIA2, and the most remote of the Oceanic Pole of Inaccessibility (specifically, the point in the South Pacific Ocean that is farthest from land) are similarly remote; EPIA1 is less than แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff closer to the ocean than the Oceanic Pole of Inaccessibility is to land.
- The continental poles of inaccessibility for the other continents are as follows:
- Africa: , close to the tripoint of the Central African Republic, South Sudan, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Australia: either , or , near Papunya, Northern Territory
- North America: , between Kyle, South Dakota and Allen, South Dakota.
- South America: , near Arenápolis, Mato Grosso, Brazil
- The most distant point from land is the Pacific pole of inaccessibility (also called "Point Nemo"), which lies in the South Pacific Ocean at , approximately 2,688 กิโลเมตร (1,670 ไมล์) from the nearest land (equidistant from Ducie Island in the Pitcairn Islands to the north, Motu Nui off Rapa Nui to the northeast, and Maher Island off Siple Island near Marie Byrd Land, Antarctica, to the south).
Other places considered the most remote[แก้]
- The most remote island is Bouvet Island, a small, uninhabited island in the South Atlantic Ocean that is a dependency of Norway. It lies at coordinates . The nearest land is the uninhabited Queen Maud Land, Antarctica, over 1,600 กิโลเมตร (994 ไมล์) to the south. The nearest inhabited lands are Tristan da Cunha, 2,260 กิโลเมตร (1,404 ไมล์) away, and the coast of South Africa, 2,580 กิโลเมตร (1,603 ไมล์) away.
- The title for most remote inhabited island or archipelago (the farthest away from any other permanently inhabited place) depends on how the question is interpreted. If the south Atlantic island Tristan da Cunha (population about 300) and its dependency Gough Island (with a small staffed research post), which are 399 กิโลเมตร (248 ไมล์) from each other, are considered part of the same archipelago, or if Gough Island is not counted because it has no permanent residents, then Tristan da Cunha is the world's most remote inhabited island/archipelago: the main island, also called Tristan da Cunha, is 2,434 กิโลเมตร (1,512 ไมล์) from the island Saint Helena, 2,816 กิโลเมตร (1,750 ไมล์) from South Africa, and แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff from South America. It is 1,845 กิโลเมตร (1,146 ไมล์) away from uninhabited Bouvet Island. However, if Gough and Tristan da Cunha are considered separately, they disqualify each other, and the most remote inhabited island is Easter Island in the South Pacific Ocean, which lies 2,075 กิโลเมตร (1,289 ไมล์) from Pitcairn Island (about 50 residents in 2013), 2,606 กิโลเมตร (1,619 ไมล์) from Rikitea on the island of Mangareva (the nearest town with a population over 500), and 3,512 กิโลเมตร (2,182 ไมล์) from the coast of Chile (the nearest continental point). The Kerguelen Islands in the southern Indian Ocean are another contender, lying 1,340 กิโลเมตร (830 ไมล์) from the small Alfred Faure scientific station in Île de la Possession, but otherwise more than 3,300 กิโลเมตร (2,100 ไมล์) from the coast of Madagascar (the nearest permanently inhabited place), 450 กิโลเมตร (280 ไมล์) northwest of uninhabited Heard Island and McDonald Islands, and 1,440 กิโลเมตร (890 ไมล์) from the non-permanent scientific station located in Île Amsterdam.
- The most remote city...
- ...with a population in excess of one million from the nearest city with a population in excess of one million is Auckland, New Zealand. The nearest city of comparable size or greater is Sydney, Australia, 2,168.9 กิโลเมตร (1,347.7 ไมล์) away.
- ...with a population in excess of one million from the nearest city with a population above 100,000 is Perth, Australia, located 2,138 กิโลเมตร (1,328 ไมล์) away from Adelaide, Australia.
- ...with a population in excess of 100,000 from the nearest city of at least that population is Honolulu, Hawaii, United States. The nearest city of comparable size or greater is San Francisco, แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff away.
- ...that is a national capital from the nearest national capital is a tie between Wellington, New Zealand, and Canberra, Australia, which are 2,326 กิโลเมตร (1,445 ไมล์) apart from each other.
- The most remote airport in the world from another airport is Mataveri International Airport (IPC) on Easter Island, which has a single runway for military and public use. It is located 2,603 กิโลเมตร (1,617 ไมล์) from Totegegie Airport (GMR; very few flights) in the Gambier Islands, French Polynesia and 3,759 กิโลเมตร (2,336 ไมล์) from Santiago, Chile (SCL; a fairly large airport). In comparison, the airport at the Amundsen–Scott South Pole Station (NZSP) is not very remote at all, being located only 1,355 กิโลเมตร (842 ไมล์) from Williams Field (NZWD) near Ross Island.
The pairs of cities (with a population over 100,000) with the greatest distance between them are:
- Rosario, Argentina to Xinghua, China: 19,996 กิโลเมตร (12,425 ไมล์)
- Lu'an, China to Río Cuarto, Argentina: 19,994 กิโลเมตร (12,424 ไมล์)
- Cuenca, Ecuador to Subang Jaya, Malaysia: 19,989 กิโลเมตร (12,421 ไมล์)
- Salamanca, Spain to Lower Hutt, New Zealand: 19,961 กิโลเมตร (12,403 ไมล์)
- Marbella, Spain to Auckland, New Zealand: 19,960 กิโลเมตร (12,403 ไมล์)
- Since the Earth is a spheroid, its centre (the core) is thousands of kilometres beneath its crust. On the surface, the center of the standard geographic model as viewed on a traditional world map is the point 0°, 0° (the coordinates of zero degrees latitude by zero degrees longitude), which is located in the Atlantic Ocean approximately แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff south of Accra, Ghana, in the Gulf of Guinea, at the intersection of the Equator and the Prime Meridian. However, the selection for the Prime Meridian as the 0° longitude meridian is culturally and historically dependent and therefore arbitrary.
- The center of population, the place to which there is the shortest average route for every individual human being in the world, could also be considered a "center of the world". This point is located in the north of the Indian subcontinent, although the precise location has never been calculated and is constantly shifting due to changes in the distribution of the human population across the planet.
Longest lines between two points[แก้]
Along constant latitude[แก้]
- The longest continuous east-west distance on land is แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff along the latitude 48°24'53"N, from the coast of France ( ) through Central Europe, Ukraine, Russia, Kazakhstan, Mongolia and China, to a point on the east coast of Russia ( ).
- The longest continuous east-west distance at sea is แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff along the latitude 55°59'S, south of Cape Horn, South America. The longest in the northern hemisphere is แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff along the latitude 83°40'N, north of Kaffeklubben Island, Greenland.
Along constant longitude[แก้]
- The longest continuous north-south distance on land is แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff along the meridian 99°1'30"E, from the northern tip of Siberia in the Russian Federation ( ), through Mongolia, China, and Myanmar, to a point on the south coast of Thailand ( ).
- The longest in Africa is แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff along the meridian 20°12'E, from the north coast of Libya ( ), through Chad, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Angola, Namibia, and Botswana, to the south coast of South Africa ( ).
- The longest in South America is แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff along the meridian 70°2'W, from the north coast of Venezuela ( ), through Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, and Chile, to the southern tip of Argentina ( ).
- The longest in North America is แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff along the meridian 97°52'30"W, from northern Canada ( ), through the United States, to southern Mexico ( ).
- The longest continuous north-south distance at sea is แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff along the meridian 34°45'45"W, from the coast of Eastern Greenland ( ) across the Atlantic Ocean to the Filchner-Ronne Ice Shelf, on the coast of Antarctica ( ). The longest in the Pacific Ocean is แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff along the meridian 172°8'30"W, from the coast of Siberia ( ) to the Ross Ice Shelf in Antarctica ( ).
- The meridian that crosses the greatest total distance on land (disregarding intervening bodies of water) is still to be determined. It is likely located in the vicinity of 22°E, which is the longest integer meridian that fits that criterion, crossing a total of แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff of land through Europe (แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff), Africa (แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff), and Antarctica (แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff). More than 65% of the meridian's length is located on land. The meridian that crosses Giza Great Pyramid (31°08'3.69"E) is แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff shorter.
- The next six longest integer meridians by total distance over land are, in order:
- 23°E: แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff through Europe (แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff), Africa (แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff), and Antarctica (แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff)
- 27°E: แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff through Europe (แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff), Asia (แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff), Africa (แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff), and Antarctica (แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff)
- 25°E: แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff through Europe (แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff), Africa (แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff), and Antarctica (แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff)
- 26°E: แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff through Europe (แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff), Africa (แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff), and Antarctica (แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff)
- 24°E: แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff through Europe (แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff), Africa (แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff), and Antarctica (แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff)
- 28°E: แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff through Europe (แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff), Asia (แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff), and Africa (แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff)
- The next six longest integer meridians by total distance over land are, in order:
Along any geodesic[แก้]
These are the longest straight lines that can be drawn between any two points on the surface of the Earth and remain exclusively over land or water; the points need not lie on the same latitude or longitude.
- The longest continuous straight-line distance in any direction on land is แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff, along a line that begins on the West African coast near Greenville, Liberia ( ), goes across the Suez Canal, and ends at the top of a peninsula approximately แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff northeast of Wenzhou, China .
- The longest continuous straight-line land distance solely within continental Africa is แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff, along a line that begins just east of Tangier, Morocco and ends แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff east of Port Elizabeth, South Africa. This line passes through Morocco, Algeria, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Cameroon, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Angola, Namibia, Botswana and South Africa.
- The longest continuous straight-line land distance solely within continental Asia is แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff, along a line that begins on the Indian coast near Kanyakumari and ends at the Bering Sea coast of the Chukchi Peninsula in Russia. This line passes through India, Nepal, China, Mongolia and Russia.
- The longest continuous straight-line land distance solely within continental Europe (defining the Ural Mountains as the border between Europe and Asia) is แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff, along a line that begins at Cape St. Vincent, Portugal and ends at the Urals, near the town of Perm, Russia. This line passes through Portugal, Spain, France, Germany, Poland, Lithuania, Belarus and Russia.
- The longest continuous straight-line land distance solely within continental Australia is แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff, along a line that begins at the southern end of Cape Range National Park in Western Australia and ends at the town of Byron Bay in New South Wales.
- There are several possible candidates for the longest continuous straight-line distance in any direction at sea, as there are many possible ways to travel along a great circle for more than the antipodic[disambiguation needed ] length of แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff. Some good examples of such routes would be:
- From the south coast of Balochistan province somewhere near Port of Karachi, Pakistan ( ) across the Arabian Sea, southwest through the Indian Ocean, near Comoros, passing Namaete Canyon, near the South African coast, across the South Atlantic Ocean, then west across Cape Horn, then northwest across the Pacific Ocean, near Easter Island, passing the antipodal point near Amlia island, through the South Bering Sea and ending somewhere on the northeast coast of Kamchatka, near Ossora ( ). This route is แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff long. This route was confirmed to be the longest (at about 32090 km) given map data at a 1.8 km level of resolution.
- From the south coast of Hormozgan province, Iran ( ) across the Gulf of Oman, southeast across the Arabian Sea, passing south of Australia and New Zealand, near the Antarctic coast, then northeast across the South Pacific Ocean, passing the antipodal point and ending on the southwest coast of Mexico somewhere near Ciudad Lázaro Cárdenas ( ). This route is แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff long.
- From Invercargill, New Zealand ( ) across Cape Horn, then off the coast of Brazil close to Recife, passing north of Cape Verde, passing the antipodal point and ending somewhere on the southwest coast of Ireland ( ). This route is แม่แบบ:Convert/LoffAinDbSoff long.
- การเปลี่ยนเส้นแบ่งเขตวันสากลปี 1995 ย้ายดินแดนทั้งหมดของคิริบาสมาฝั่งเอเชียของเส้นแบ่งเขตวันสากล ทำให้เกาะแคโรไลน์เป็นเกาะตะวันออกสุดของโลก แต่หากใช้เส้นแบ่งเขตวันก่อนหน้านี้ตาฟาหิของตองงาจะเป็นจุดตะวันออกสุดของโลก
- The elevation given here was established by a GPS survey in February 2016. The survey was carried out by a team from the French Research Institute for Development, working in cooperation with the Ecuadorian Military Geographic Institute.
- Gould Coast US Geographic Survey.
- "Bay of Whales - former bay, Antarctica". Encyclopædia Britannica Online. Encyclopædia Britannica.
- "Highest Mountain in the World". geology.com.
- "Chimborazo, el volcán de Ecuador más alto que el Everest (si se mide desde el centro de la Tierra)". BBC Mundo. 7 April 2016. สืบค้นเมื่อ 2016-04-08.
- Klenke, Paul. "Distance to the Center of the Earth". Summit Post. สืบค้นเมื่อ 4 July 2018.
- McIntyre, Loren (April 1987). "The High Andes". National Geographic. National Geographic Society. 171 (4): 422–460. (includes description and photos of Aucanquilcha summit road and mine)
- Assumpció Térmens (2006-03-20). "ICC – Semo Khardung" (PDF). viewfinderpanoramas.org (in อังกฤษ). Institut Cartogràfic de Catalunya. สืบค้นเมื่อ 2017-02-05.
- "Battle for the Highest Motorable Road" (in อังกฤษ). Motoroids. สืบค้นเมื่อ 2017-10-17.
- Bennett, Suzy (October 2003). "Destination Guides – World's highest railway, Peru – Wanderlust Travel Magazine". Wanderlust Magazine. สืบค้นเมื่อ 10 October 2008.
- Ben Blanchard (16 September 2013). "China opens world's highest civilian airport". Reuters. สืบค้นเมื่อ 16 September 2013.
- "Siachen: The world's highest cold war". CNN. 20 May 2002. สืบค้นเมื่อ 2 May 2010.
- "Carrel refuge". summitpost.org.
- "Andes Website – Information about Ojos del Salado volcano, a high mountain in South America and the world's highest volcano". สืบค้นเมื่อ 18 January 2013.
- "The Highest Lake in the World". สืบค้นเมื่อ 7 September 2007.
- "ASTER measurement of supraglacial lakes in the Mount Everest region of the Himalaya: The main Khumbu Glacier is about 17 km long with elevations ranging from 4900m at the terminus to 7600m at the source....The 7600m to 8000m elevations are also depicted on numerous detailed topographic maps". สืบค้นเมื่อ 24 November 2008.
- "The Mystery of World's highest river and largest Canyon". Archived from the original on 21 September 2007. สืบค้นเมื่อ 7 September 2007.
- "Island Superlatives". สืบค้นเมื่อ 7 September 2007.
- "TauTona, Anglo Gold – Mining Technology". SPG Media Group PLC. 1 January 2009. สืบค้นเมื่อ 2 March 2009.
- "Transocean's Ultra-Deepwater Semisubmersible Rig Deepwater Horizon Drills World's Deepest Oil and Gas Well". Transocean. Archived from the original on 26 April 2010. สืบค้นเมื่อ 7 June 2010.
- "Challenger Deep – the Mariana Trench". สืบค้นเมื่อ 30 July 2012.
- Klimchouck, Alexander. "The deepest cave in the world (Krubera Cave) became 6 m deeper". speleogenesis.info. สืบค้นเมื่อ 10 August 2013.
- "News Story – Bedmap2 gives scientists a more detailed view of Antarctica's landmass". News Story – Bedmap2 gives scientists a more detailed view of Antarctica’s landmass. NERC BASS. 8 March 2013. สืบค้นเมื่อ 1 May 2015.
- Garcia-Castellanos, Daniel; Lombardo, Umberto (2007). "Poles of Inaccessibility: A Calculation Algorithm for the Remotest Places on Earth" (PDF). Scottish Geographical Journal. Informa UK. 123 (3): 227–233. doi:10.1080/14702540801897809. ISSN 1470-2541. Archived from the original (PDF) on 3 August 2014.
- Centre of Australia, States and Territories Archived 22 August 2008 at the Wayback Machine., Geoscience Australia
- "Where is Point Nemo?". NOAA. สืบค้นเมื่อ 20 February 2015.
- Draft Logic – Google Maps Distance Calculator, accessed 4 September 2011
- "Flight Distance from Perth, Australia to Adelaide, Australia". travelmath.com.
- "The Most Isolated Cities of the World". cityextremes.com.
- "Great Circle Mapper". gcmap.com.
- "Discover The Furthest City On Earth From Wherever You Live". furthestcity.com.
- "What's the Farthest City and Country from Rosario, Argentina?". furthestcity.com.
- "What's the Farthest City and Country from Liu'an, Anhui, China?". furthestcity.com.
- "What's the Farthest City and Country from Cuenca, Ecuador?". furthestcity.com.
- "What's the Farthest City and Country from Salamanca, Spain?". furthestcity.com.
- "What's the Farthest City and Country from Marbella, Spain?". furthestcity.com.
- (Map from gcmap)
- (Map from gcmap)
- Chabukswar, Rohan; Mukherjee, Kushal (2018-04-09). "Longest Straight Line Paths on Water or Land on the Earth". arXiv:1804.07389. Bibcode:2018arXiv180407389C.
- David Shultz (2018-04-30). "This ocean path will take you on the longest straight-line journey on Earth". Science Magazine.
- (Map from gcmap)
- (Map from gcmap)