This is the local embassy on the Thai Wikipedia. More embassies in other languages and interwiki discussions may be found at meta:Wikimedia Embassy.
For tech news, click here.
Thai Wikipedia Embassy & Guestbook for non-Thai speakers
[ENGLISH] This page is designed for non-Thai editors to discuss Wikipedia-related cross-project coordination. Messages can be given in various languages.
Message the embassy
- Here you can ask:
- Thai Wikipedia-related information, such as statistics, and suggestions
- Thai translation to English or other languages, such as, but not limited to, French, or vice versa.
- Thailand-related information or photographs
- For international issues, simply post here.
[FRANÇAIS] Cette page de discussion est destinée à ceux qui ne parlent pas le thaï et souhaitent intervenir pour discuter de tout ce qui touche à la Wikipédia en thaï ou demander de l'aide. Les messages peuvent être écrits en thaï ou en anglais. Voir aussi : Ambassade sur meta ou utilisateurs babel dans d'autres langues.
- Pour demander un renommage de compte, merci d'aller ici.
- Pour les demandes de bot-flag, merci de lire cette page.
N'oubliez pas de signer votre message et de préciser comment vous contacter. Vous pouvez aussi demander de l'aide en langue thaï ici-même.
Qui peut m'aider ? → User:Toutou (Utilisateurs thaïs pouvant contribuer avec un niveau avancé de français).
[DEUTSCH] Dies ist eine Diskussions-Seite für Benutzer, die nicht Thai sprechen/lesen können. Hier kann alles diskutiert werden, was im Zusammenhang mit der Thai-Wikipedia steht. Es kann auch um Hilfe gebeten werden. Wenn möglich, sollten Nachrichten in Thai oder Englisch verfasst werden, es gibt jedoch auch Benutzer, die Französisch, Deutsch, Chinesisch, Pali, Vietnamesisch oder Lao verstehen.
Siehe auch: Wikimedia-Botschaft in Wikimedia Meta, Angemeldete Nicht-Thai Benutzer.
- Ein Antrag zur Änderung eines Benutzer-Kontos kann hier gestellt werden, Anfragen zu Bot-Flags bitte auf dieser Seite.
- Bitte signiere Deine Nachricht und/oder gib Deine Kontaktdaten an.
Wer kann mir helfen? → User:Ahoerstemeier, User:Hdamm (Deutschsprachige Benutzer mit grundlegenden Thaikenntnissen)
- ฺBureaucrat? → User:Lerdsuwa, User:Sry85
- Administrators? → User:Mda, User:Tinuviel, User:Saeng Petchchai, User:Xiengyod, User:Jutiphan, User:Pongsak ksm, User:Horus, User:พุทธามาตย์ , User:Mopza, User:B20180, User:Nullzero
- Translation works? → User:Toutou (English and French), User:ธวัชชัย (English and Spanish), User:Tvcccp (English and Russian), User:Thmmrth (English and Lao), User:Xiengyod (English and Lao), User:Octahedron80 (English), User:นคเรศ (Chinese), User:Tmd (Pali - Buddhism-related),
- Christianity and European history-related translations? → User:Tvcccp
- Technical problems/notices? → User:Jutiphan, User:Octahedron80, User:Manop
- Survey?/Questions needed mass answers? → Post here and we will manage for you.
Editing News #1—2018[แก้]
Read this in another language • Subscription list for this multilingual newsletter
Did you know?
Did you know that you can now use the visual diff tool on any page?
Sometimes, it is hard to see important changes in a wikitext diff. This screenshot of a wikitext diff (click to enlarge) shows that the paragraphs have been rearranged, but it does not highlight the removal of a word or the addition of a new sentence.
If you enable the Beta Feature for "Visual differences", you will have a new option. It will give you a new box at the top of every diff page. This box will let you choose either diff system on any edit.
Click the toggle button to switch between visual and wikitext diffs.
In the visual diff, additions, removals, new links, and formatting changes will be highlighted. Other changes, such as changing the size of an image, are described in notes on the side.
This screenshot shows the same edit as the wikitext diff. The visual diff highlights the removal of one word and the addition of a new sentence.
You can read and help translate the user guide, which has more information about how to use the visual editor.
Since the last newsletter, the Editing Team has spent most of their time supporting the 2017 wikitext editor mode, which is available inside the visual editor as a Beta Feature, and improving the visual diff tool. Their work board is available in Phabricator. You can find links to the work finished each week at mw:VisualEditor/Weekly triage meetings. Their current priorities are fixing bugs, supporting the 2017 wikitext editor, and improving the visual diff tool.
- The 2017 wikitext editor is available as a Beta Feature on desktop devices. It has the same toolbar as the visual editor and can use the citoid service and other modern tools. The team have been comparing the performance of different editing environments. They have studied how long it takes to open the page and start typing. The study uses data for more than one million edits during December and January. Some changes have been made to improve the speed of the 2017 wikitext editor and the visual editor. Recently, the 2017 wikitext editor opened fastest for most edits, and the 2010 WikiEditor was fastest for some edits. More information will be posted at mw:Contributors/Projects/Editing performance.
- The visual diff tool was developed for the visual editor. It is now available to all users of the visual editor and the 2017 wikitext editor. When you review your changes, you can toggle between wikitext and visual diffs. You can also enable the new Beta Feature for "Visual diffs". The Beta Feature lets you use the visual diff tool to view other people's edits on page histories and Special:RecentChanges. 
- Wikitext syntax highlighting is available as a Beta Feature for both the 2017 wikitext editor and the 2010 wikitext editor. 
- The citoid service automatically translates URLs, DOIs, ISBNs, and PubMed id numbers into wikitext citation templates. It is very popular and useful to editors, although it can be a bit tricky to set up. Your wiki can have this service. Please read the instructions. You can ask the team to help you enable citoid at your wiki.
Let's work together[แก้]
03:56, 3 มีนาคม 2561 (ICT)
Please have a look at my edit[แก้]
Hello, I recently edited the ลูกบาศก์ของรูบิก-article. Can you have a look at it just to make sure I haven't made a mistake? I don't speak any Thai. Thank you! Judith Sunrise (คุย) 14:19, 7 พฤษภาคม 2561 (ICT)
From May 8, AdvancedSearch
will be available as a beta feature
in your wiki. The feature enhances the search page
through an advanced parameters form and aims to make existing search options
more visible and accessible for everyone. AdvancedSearch is a project by WMDE Technical Wishes
. Everyone is invited to test the feature and we hope that it will serve you well in your work!
Birgit Müller (WMDE) 21:53, 7 พฤษภาคม 2561 (ICT)
New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (May 2018)[แก้]
The TWL OWL says sign up today!
The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for free, full-access, accounts to research and tools as part of our Publisher Donation Program. You can sign up for new accounts and research materials on the Library Card platform:
- Rock's Backpages – Music articles and interviews from the 1950s onwards - 50 accounts
- Invaluable – Database of more than 50 million auctions and over 500,000 artists - 15 accounts
- Termsoup – Translation tool
Many other partnerships with accounts available are listed on our partners page, including Baylor University Press, Loeb Classical Library, Cairn, Gale and Bloomsbury.
Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Wikipedia projects: sign up today!
--The Wikipedia Library Team 01:03, 31 พฤษภาคม 2561 (ICT)
- You can host and coordinate signups for a Wikipedia Library branch in your own language. Please contact Ocaasi (WMF).
- This message was delivered via the Global Mass Message tool to The Wikipedia Library Global Delivery List.
Important: No editing between 06:00 and 06:30 UTC on 13 June[แก้]
Hi everyone, sorry for writing in English. This is just to tell you that your wiki will be read-only between 06:00 UTC and 06:30 UTC on 13 June. This means that everyone will be able to read it, but you can’t edit. This is because of a server problem that needs to be fixed. You can see the list of affected wikis on Phabricator.
If you have any questions, feel free to write on my talk page on Meta. /Johan (WMF) (คุย) 19:51, 5 มิถุนายน 2561 (ICT)
Citations regarding Ginggaew Lorsoongnern?[แก้]
Hi! I started an English article on en:Ginggaew Lorsoongnern, a Thai woman executed in 1979.
Does anyone have access to the archives of the Bangkok Post or other English language newspapers covering this incident? There are a lot of missing details... I couldn't find the name of the victim.
WhisperToMe (คุย) 11:44, 1 กรกฎาคม 2561 (ICT)
Tidy to RemexHtml[แก้]
The Parsing team will be replacing Tidy with RemexHtml at this wiki on 5 July 2018.
Some pages at this wiki use outdated HTML. This change may change the appearance of those pages. Special:LintErrors has a complete list of affected pages.
Read this e-mail message for more information. Read the instructions at mw:Help:Extension:Linter. You can ask questions at mw:Talk:Parsing/Replacing Tidy. Thank you for helping fix these problems.
m:User:Elitre (WMF) 21:38, 2 กรกฎาคม 2561 (ICT)
Global preferences are available[แก้]
02:20, 11 กรกฎาคม 2561 (ICT)
การตั้งค่าทุกไซต์ (global) มีให้ใช้งานได้แล้ว สามารถตั้งค่าได้ที่ Special:GlobalPreferences การตั้งค่าทุกไซต์จะให้ผลเดียวกันกับวิกิทั้งหมดของวิกิมีเดีย วิธีใช้ให้เลือกติ๊กถูกหน้าข้อที่ต้องการให้มีผลในทุกไซต์ ข้อที่แนะนำให้ทำเช่น ภาษาของอินเทอร์เฟซ เพศ และเขตเวลา นอกนั้นก็ตั้งได้ตามใจชอบ --奥虎 ボンド 08:43, 11 กรกฎาคม 2561 (ICT)
Consultation on the creation of a separate user group for editing sitewide CSS/JS[แก้]
I'm preparing a change in who can edit sitewide CSS/JS pages. (These are pages like
MediaWiki:Vector.js which are executed in the browser of all readers and editors.) Currently all administrators are able to edit these pages, which poses a serious and unnecessary security risk. Soon, a dedicated, smaller user group will take over this task. Your community will be able to decide who belongs in this group, so this should mean very little change for you. You can find out more and provide feedback at the consultation page on Meta. If you are involved in maintaining CSS/JS code, or policymaking around adminship requests, please give it a look!
Tgr (talk) 15:45, 12 กรกฎาคม 2561 (ICT) (via global message delivery)
New user group for editing sitewide CSS/JS[แก้]
To improve the security of our readers and editors, permission handling for CSS/JS pages has changed. (These are pages like
MediaWiki:Vector.js which contain code that is executed in the browsers of users of the site.)
A new user group,
interface-admin, has been created.
Starting four weeks from now, only members of this group will be able edit CSS/JS pages that they do not own (that is, any page ending with
.js that is either in the
MediaWiki: namespace or is another user's user subpage).
You can learn more about the motivation behind the change here.
Please add users who need to edit CSS/JS to the new group (this can be done the same way new administrators are added, by stewards or local bureaucrats).
This is a dangerous permission; a malicious user or a hacker taking over the account of a careless interface-admin can abuse it in far worse ways than admin permissions could be abused. Please only assign it to users who need it, who are trusted by the community, and who follow common basic password and computer security practices (use strong passwords, do not reuse passwords, use two-factor authentication if possible, do not install software of questionable origin on your machine, use antivirus software if that's a standard thing in your environment).
Tgr (talk) 20:08, 30 กรกฎาคม 2561 (ICT) (via global message delivery)
I would like to know why aren't Thai numerals (๑๒๓๔๕๖๗๘๙๐) being used on Thai Wikipedia pages? Farsi and Burmese pages use their language's numerals, so why not Thai?
I do not speak Thai but I love the language.
Editing of sitewide CSS/JS is only possible for interface administrators from now[แก้]
as announced previously, permission handling for CSS/JS pages has changed: only members of the
interface-admin (Interface administrators) group, and a few highly privileged global groups such as stewards, can edit CSS/JS pages that they do not own (that is, any page ending with .css or .js that is either in the MediaWiki: namespace or is another user's user subpage). This is done to improve the security of readers and editors of Wikimedia projects. More information is available at Creation of separate user group for editing sitewide CSS/JS. If you encounter any unexpected problems, please contact me or file a bug.
Tgr (talk) 19:40, 27 สิงหาคม 2561 (ICT) (via global message delivery)
Read-only mode for up to an hour on 12 September and 10 October[แก้]
Read this message in another language • กรุณาช่วยแปลเป็นภาษาของคุณ
The Wikimedia Foundation will be testing its secondary data centre. This will make sure that Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia wikis can stay online even after a disaster. To make sure everything is working, the Wikimedia Technology department needs to do a planned test. This test will show if they can reliably switch from one data centre to the other. It requires many teams to prepare for the test and to be available to fix any unexpected problems.
They will switch all traffic to the secondary data center on Wednesday, 12 September 2018.
On Wednesday, 10 October 2018, they will switch back to the primary data center.
Unfortunately, because of some limitations in MediaWiki, all editing must stop when we switch. We apologize for this disruption, and we are working to minimize it in the future.
You will be able to read, but not edit, all wikis for a short period of time.
- You will not be able to edit for up to an hour on Wednesday, 12 September and Wednesday, 10 October. The test will start at 14:00 UTC (15:00 BST, 16:00 CEST, 10:00 EDT, 07:00 PDT, 23:00 JST, and in New Zealand at 02:00 NZST on Thursday 13 September and Thursday 11 October).
- If you try to edit or save during these times, you will see an error message. We hope that no edits will be lost during these minutes, but we can't guarantee it. If you see the error message, then please wait until everything is back to normal. Then you should be able to save your edit. But, we recommend that you make a copy of your changes first, just in case.
- Background jobs will be slower and some may be dropped. Red links might not be updated as quickly as normal. If you create an article that is already linked somewhere else, the link will stay red longer than usual. Some long-running scripts will have to be stopped.
- There will be code freezes for the weeks of 10 September 2018 and 8 October 2018. Non-essential code deployments will not happen.
This project may be postponed if necessary. You can read the schedule at wikitech.wikimedia.org. Any changes will be announced in the schedule. There will be more notifications about this. Please share this information with your community. /User:Johan(WMF) (talk)
20:33, 6 กันยายน 2561 (ICT)
Question about Christian German School Chiang Mai[แก้]
This has the Thai name of the Christian German School Chiang Mai. How do you type this?
WhisperToMe (คุย) 14:47, 7 กันยายน 2561 (ICT)
โรงเรียนคริสเตียนเยอรมันเชียงใหม่ --Sry85 (คุย) 14:49, 7 กันยายน 2561 (ICT)
Feedback wanted on mobile web contribution prototype[แก้]
Feedback wanted on mobile web contribution prototype
The Readers web team is working on improving the contribution features on the mobile website. The team is working on showing pages that are currently unavailable on mobile. We are starting by designing improvements to the mobile navigation. We want your feedback on the latest navigation prototype.
Earlier this year, we collected feedback on a previous version of our mobile navigation design in a set of 30 interviews at Wikimania. We worked with the results of the interviews and now have a new version of our prototype.
We would like your feedback on the latest version! In particular, we are curious for your thoughts on the layout of the mobile navigation as well as on the larger number of links available. We appreciate any and all comments.
Right now, we’re researching the navigation for the new feature set. We want to focus on making it feel more familiar and useful for contributors than the current mobile menu. We want it to include pages that contributors are likely to navigate to and will find useful. Please visit the project page and try out the demo on your mobile device. Then help answer a few questions about your experience.
CKoerner (WMF) (talk) 22:34, 18 กันยายน 2561 (ICT)