วิกิพีเดีย:สภากาแฟ/อภิปราย/Upcoming deployment: Growth team tools
Sorry to use English. กรุณาช่วยแปลเป็นภาษาของคุณ.
As you may already know, the Growth team's goal is to create tools that would help newcomers. Our goal is to help newcomers when they edit for the first time and also to increase the retention of new editors. Several wikis already have these tools since a long time now. Working with these wikis, the Growth team found evidence of the efficiency of these new tools.
These tools will be available for all new accounts on your Wikipedia starting on March 10. This way your Wikipedia will offer more options for newcomers to make good first edits and become community members.
We have created several tools to help them, and also to help community members who help them :
- Newcomer homepage: a new special page, the best place for a newcomer to get started. It includes:
- Newcomer tasks: a feed of task suggestions that help newcomers learn to edit. Newcomers have been making productive edits through this feed! It is similar to tasks you offer on วิกิพีเดีย:ศาลาประชาคม, but the growth tools help newcomers by guiding them. Know more about this tool.
- [optional] Mentorship module: each newcomers has a direct link to an experienced user (see below). This way, they can ask questions about editing Wikipedia, less the need to find where to ask for assistance.
- Impact module: the user sees how many pages views articles they edit received. Have a look at Special:Impact for yours!
- Help panel: a platform to provide resources to newcomers while they are editing. If they do some suggested tasks, they are guided step-by-step on the process of editing.
- Welcome Survey: communities can know why newcomers create an account on Wikipedia.
How to help?[แก้]
First, we need help to translate the tools. At the moment, most of the messages newcomers will see on your Wikipedia are in English, some of them have been translated using machine translation. Please help translate the interface (done on translatewiki.net. It needs a specific account).
Also, I need your help checking on the configuration the team setup by default. Please try the tools and let us know if something questions you. ￼ Newcomers tasks are based on templates to suggest edits to newcomers. You can check the templates used on MediaWiki:NewcomerTasks.json. You can also change the templates and the help links defined there. Several templates can be added for the same task. ￼ It you are familiar with Phabricator, here is the ticket with all the information we used for the deployment. Please have a look at it. You can suggest changes by replying to this message.
If you wish to, you can create a list of mentors. This will activate the optional Mentorship module. Please format the list following the guidance. You need at least one mentor for each 500 new accounts created monthly on your wiki (3 mentors minimum). You are hesitant becoming a mentor? Please check the resources we have written based on other mentors' experiences.
Let me know if you have any question about this deployment.
Of course, please move or share this message if needed. (I actually tried to post it first under วิกิพีเดีย:สภากาแฟ/อภิปราย/Upcoming deployment: Growth team tools, but the system blocked me (reason: ผู้ใช้ใหม่สร้างบทความในเนมสเปซ วิกิพีเดีย).) ขอบคุณ
- @Trizek (WMF): Sorry for inconvenience. Please be advised that in the future, any inter-wiki posts should be sent to the centralized WP:EMBASSY. Thank you. --Horus (พูดคุย) 16:58, 23 กุมภาพันธ์ 2564 (+07)