This is the local embassy on the Thai Wikipedia. More embassies in other languages and interwiki discussions may be found at meta:Wikimedia Embassy.
|1, 2, 3|
- 1 Article request: BoBoiBoy and Upin & Ipin
- 2 Article request: Nok Mini (SGA Airlines)
- 3 Chao Phongkaeo Na Lamphun
- 4 Commons closed captioning template
- 5 Change to section edit links
- 6 Trademark discussion
- 7 Medical article requests
- 8 Free Research Accounts from Leading Medical Publisher. Come and Sign up!
- 9 Cochrane Library Sign-up (correct link)
- 10 PRISM and Edward Snowden
- 11 X!'s Edit Counter
- 12 Universal Language Selector will be enabled on 2013-07-09
- 13 Pywikipedia is migrating to git
- 14 VisualEditor and your Wikipedia
- 15 Translation requests into Thai
- 16 HTTPS for users with an account
- 17 Request for consultation on community logo
- 18 Notifications release on your Wikipedia
- 19 Speak up about the trademark registration of the Community logo.
- 20 OTRS ticket in Thai
- 21 Another OTRS ticket
- 22 Article request: Prostitution in Thailand
- 23 Call for Lao-speaking editors
- 24 Introducting Beta Features
- 25 Call for comments on draft trademark policy
- 26 Picture of Dr. Pracha Prasobdee
- 27 Request for comment on Commons: Should Wikimedia support MP4 video?
- 28 Universal Language Selector will be enabled by default again on this wiki by 21 February 2014
- 30 Call for project ideas: funding is available for community experiments
- 32 Changes to the default site typography coming soon
Article request: BoBoiBoy and Upin & Ipin[แก้]
en:BoBoiBoy and en:Upin & Ipin are the two most prominent Malaysian-made cartoons right now. They can be watched on Disney Channel Asia throughout SEA. Besides the Malay-Indonesian speaking world, apparently they are quite notable in Vietnam and the Philippines as we speak. But I'm not too sure about their popularity in Thailand because I don't speak Thai (I do learn the language somehow), let alone know how their names are spelt in the Thai alphabet.
Article request: Nok Mini (SGA Airlines)[แก้]
- There is นกมินิ with interwiki links (including English Wikipedia). And I don't know if นกมินิ does correspond to en:Nok Mini. --Aristitleism (พูดคุย) 11:05, 28 กุมภาพันธ์ 2556 (ICT)
- Hello WhisperToMe, please note that when you move a page on any Wikipedia, a corresponding sitelink at Wikidata isn't change automatically. In this case, actually en:SGA Airlines had already been linked to นกมินิ. Since you move the page, you have to change the sitelink at Wikidata by your hand. --Nullzero (พูดคุย) 15:28, 28 กุมภาพันธ์ 2556 (ICT)
- You're welcome :) --Nullzero (พูดคุย) 15:43, 28 กุมภาพันธ์ 2556 (ICT)
Also please add en:Niva International School (Thailand) and โรงเรียนสมาคมไทย-ญี่ปุ่น (en:Thai-Japanese Association School) to the request list. Thanks WhisperToMe (พูดคุย) 12:11, 28 กุมภาพันธ์ 2556 (ICT)
Here are more ideas: en:Ekamai International School โรงเรียนนานาชาติเอกมัย, en:NIST International School (โรงเรียนนานาชาติใหม่แห่งประเทศไทย, Thai website), en:Thai Sikh International School, en:Pan-Asia International School, en:The American School of Bangkok (โรงเรียนอเมริกันกรุงเทพ) WhisperToMe (พูดคุย) 12:34, 1 มีนาคม 2556 (ICT)
Chao Phongkaeo Na Lamphun[แก้]
What are sources about en:Chao Phongkaeo Na Lamphun (เจ้าพงศ์แก้ว ณ ลำพูน)? I know she died on Lauda Air Flight 004 in 1991. What do Thai sources say about her? I can't find sources in English about her.
The default position of the "edit" link in page section headers is going to change soon. The "edit" link will be positioned adjacent to the page header text rather than floating opposite it.
Section edit links will be to the immediate right of section titles, instead of on the far right. If you're an editor of one of the wikis which already implemented this change, nothing will substantially change for you; however, scripts and gadgets depending on the previous implementation of section edit links will have to be adjusted to continue working; however, nothing else should break even if they are not updated in time.
Detailed information and a timeline is available on meta.
Ideas to do this all the way to 2009 at least. It is often difficult to track which of several potential section edit links on the far right is associated with the correct section, and many readers and anonymous or new editors may even be failing to notice section edit links at all, since they read section titles, which are far away from the links.
Hi, apologies for posting this in English, but I wanted to alert your community to a discussion on Meta about potential changes to the Wikimedia Trademark Policy. Please translate this statement if you can. We hope that you will all participate in the discussion; we also welcome translations of the legal team’s statement into as many languages as possible and encourage you to voice your thoughts there. Please see the Trademark practices discussion (on Meta-Wiki) for more information. Thank you! --Mdennis (WMF) (talk)
Medical article requests[แก้]
Is anyone interested in medical-related article requests? There are two diseases which occur during tsunamis and they do not yet have articles in Thai.
- en:Hepatitis A - http://www.bt.cdc.gov/disasters/tsunamis/translations/hepathai.pdf
- en:Hepatitis E - http://www.bt.cdc.gov/disasters/tsunamis/translations/hepethai.pdf
- I have translated the type A into Thai ไวรัสตับอักเสบ ชนิดเอ and nominated it for WP:DYK. --Taweethaも (พูดคุย) 14:48, 9 มิถุนายน 2556 (ICT)
- I have put the type E into the requested article list.  --Taweethaも (พูดคุย) 14:48, 9 มิถุนายน 2556 (ICT)
- I have translated en:Hepatitis E. --Taweethaも (พูดคุย) 10:11, 22 มิถุนายน 2556 (ICT)
Free Research Accounts from Leading Medical Publisher. Come and Sign up![แก้]
gets Wikipedia editors free access to reliable sources that are behind paywalls. I want to alert you to our latest donation.
- Cochrane Collaboration is an independent medical nonprofit organization that conducts systematic reviews of randomized controlled trials of health-care interventions, which it then publishes in the Cochrane Library.
- Cochrane has generously agreed to give free, full-access accounts to medical editors. Individual access would otherwise cost between $300 and $800 per account.
- If you are active as a medical editor, come and sign up :)
Cheers, 04:21, 17 มิถุนายน 2556 (ICT)
My apologies for the incorrect link: You can sign up for ' accounts at the. Cheers, 04:55, 17 มิถุนายน 2556 (ICT)
PRISM and Edward Snowden[แก้]
Universal Language Selector will be enabled on 2013-07-09[แก้]
Pywikipedia is migrating to git[แก้]
Hello, Sorry for English but It's very important for bot operators so I hope someone translates this. Pywikipedia is migrating to Git so after July 26, SVN checkouts won't be updated If you're using Pywikipedia you have to switch to git, otherwise you will use out-dated framework and your bot might not work properly. There is a manual for doing that and a blog post explaining about this change in non-technical language. If you have question feel free to ask in mw:Manual talk:Pywikipediabot/Gerrit, mailing list, or in the IRC channel. Best Amir (via Global message delivery). 20:50, 23 กรกฎาคม 2556 (ICT)
VisualEditor and your Wikipedia[แก้]
(Please translate this message)
The Wikimedia Foundation will soon turn on VisualEditor for all users, all the time on your Wikipedia. Right now your Wikipedia does not have any local documents on VisualEditor, and we hope that your community can change that. To find out about how you can help with translations visit the TranslationCentral for VisualEditor and read the easy instructions on bringing information to your Wikipedia. The User Guide and the FAQ are very important to have in your language.
We want to find out as much as we can from you about VisualEditor and how it helps your Wikipedia, and having local pages is a great way to start. We also encourage you to leave feedback on Mediawiki where the community can offer ideas, opinions, and point out bugs that may still exist in the software that need to be reported to Bugzilla. If you are able to speak for the concerns of others in English on MediaWiki or locally I encourage you to help your community to be represented in this process.
If you can help translate the user interface for VisualEditor to your language, you can help with that as well. Translatewiki has open tasks for translating VisualEditor. A direct link to translate the user interface is here. You can see how we are doing with those translations here. You need an account on Translatewiki to translate. This account is free and easy to create.
If we can help your community in any way with this process, please let me know and I will do my best to assist your Wikipedia with this |exciting development. You can contact me on my meta talk page or by email. You can also contact Patrick Earley for help with translations and documents on Mediawiki. We look forward to working with you to bring the VisualEditor experience to your Wikipedia! Keegan (WMF) (talk) 02:14, 31 กรกฎาคม 2556 (ICT)
- Distributed via Global message delivery. (Wrong page? Fix here.)
Translation requests into Thai[แก้]
Hello, I am a member of the international team of Wiki Loves Monuments who takes care of the upload campaigns used with the picture contest Wiki Loves Monuments next month. For these upload campaigns we need to translate some templates into various languages so that as much as possible people can participate in their own language.
In Thai we need translations for the following templates:
- Done: Commons:Template:Wiki Loves Monuments 2013 (used on files to mark they are uploaded during the contest)
- To translate: This image was uploaded as part of Wiki Loves Monuments 2013.
- Done: Commons:Template:Upload campaign header Wiki Loves Monuments August (used above the upload wizard saying that the picture contest has not started yet)
- To translate: Wiki Loves Monuments 2013 has not started yet.
- To translate: Wiki Loves Monuments will start in September. You may still share your images, but they will not be eligible for the competition.
- Done: Commons:Template:Upload campaign header Wiki Loves Monuments finished (used above the upload wizard saying that the picture contest is over)
- To translate: Wiki Loves Monuments 2013 is closed.
- To translate: You may still share your images, but they will not be part of the competition.
- Done: Commons:Template:Upload campaign header Wiki Loves Monuments no contest (used above the upload wizard of a country which does not participate)
- To translate: This country does not participate this year in Wiki Loves Monuments 2013.
- To translate: You are welcome to upload pictures with this upload wizard, but they will not be part of the photo competition.
- Done: Commons:Template:Upload campaign use Wiki Loves Monuments (used after someone has uploaded a file)
- To translate: Thank you for submitting your photos to Wiki Loves Monuments.
- To translate: Our volunteers will add photos to the relevant articles and lists.
- For a label above a field where uploaders can enter the (unique) identifier (code) of a monument:
- To translate: Monument ID
- For above the upload wizard during September:
- To translate: Wiki Loves Monuments 2013 Thailand Upload Wizard.
- To translate: Website of the contest
- To translate: Other countries
You can translate the lines on Commons by creating a subpage with the translation, or put the translation below here or above under the English lines and I will create the subpage on Commons. The ones without a link should be translated here. I will visit this page the coming days. Thanks for the help! Romaine/Romaine (พูดคุย) 09:28, 4 สิงหาคม 2556 (ICT)
I have forwared the request to Wikimedia-TH and put copy the list to local discussion page.
HTTPS for users with an account[แก้]
Greetings. Starting on August 21 (tomorrow), all users with an account will be using HTTPS to access Wikimedia sites. HTTPS brings better security and improves your privacy. More information is available at m:HTTPS.
If HTTPS causes problems for you, tell us on bugzilla, on IRC (in the
#wikimedia-operations channel) or on meta. If you can't use the other methods, you can also send an e-mail to
My apologies, this message is in English. Please translate if needed.
I am happy to announce that we have scheduled this Wikipedia to receive Notifications (formerly called Echo) on 8 October.
Notifications is an improvement on how you can view and receive messages on Wikipedia and track how your contributions have been effected, as well as when you are mentioned on a talk page. Notifications is now being used on over two dozen Wikipedias and we're happy to add this latest group. You can find more information in the help page.
- There are still three priorities to double check for translations to make sure you get the best experience possible:
- Echo on translatewiki for user interface - you must have an account on translatewiki to translate
- Thanks on translatewiki for user interface - you must have an account on translatewiki to translate
- Notifications help on mediawiki.org. This page can be hosted after translation on mediawiki.org or we can localize it to this Wikipedia. You do not have to have an account to translate on mediawiki, but single-user login will create it for you there if you follow the link.
If you have any questions you can email me, kpeterzell [AT] wikimedia [DOT] org or you can contact me on my meta talk page. We're really looking forward to the release! Keegan (WMF) (talk) 13:23, 26 กันยายน 2556 (ICT)
- (via the Global message delivery system). 13:23, 26 กันยายน 2556 (ICT) (wrong page? You can fix it.)
Speak up about the trademark registration of the Community logo.[แก้]
OTRS ticket in Thai[แก้]
Hello! We have a ticket in OTRS which appears to be regarding pages on the Thai Wikipedia. If someone could read this letter and tell me what it says (as close to actual wording as possible), that would be great. The user in question is User:Watdusidaram. Thank you! Darkwind (พูดคุย) 14:57, 9 ตุลาคม 2556 (ICT)
- Oh, and the article is วัดดุสิดาราม วรวิหาร. Thanks again! Darkwind (พูดคุย) 14:59, 9 ตุลาคม 2556 (ICT)
- Below is a translation. Note that "Wat Dusidaram Worawihan" is the English name of the temple "วัดดุสิดาราม วรวิหาร". --Lerdsuwa (พูดคุย) 19:46, 9 ตุลาคม 2556 (ICT)
- Document Number: Special
- 3 September 2013
- Subject: Publishing information belonging to Wat Dusidaram Worawihan
- With this document, Wat Dusidaram Worawihan recognizes and grants Wikipedia user name "Watdusidaram" who is the web master of temple's webpage www.watdusidaram.net to use information from website to record in Wikipedia the free encyclopedia for the benefit of publicizing dhamma, religion activities, and historical site of national importance.
- (Phrathepsitthimuni, Level 9 of Buddhist study, M.A., Ph.D.)
- Abbot of Wat Dusidaram Worawihan
- Below is a translation. Note that "Wat Dusidaram Worawihan" is the English name of the temple "วัดดุสิดาราม วรวิหาร". --Lerdsuwa (พูดคุย) 19:46, 9 ตุลาคม 2556 (ICT)
Thank you very much! Unfortunately, this is not acceptable permission, because it does not grant a free-use license for the material, and only gives permission to one editor. I will respond to the editor and request the correct permissions. Darkwind (พูดคุย) 23:34, 9 ตุลาคม 2556 (ICT)
- I have also directed him to วิกิพีเดีย:เลขาชาววิกิพีเดีย#วัดดุสิดาราม วรวิหาร to ask any further questions directly in Thai language, since it is not very efficient for me to go back and forth with him! If he says he is able to obtain a letter with a proper license release, please have him email it to OTRS again - he can reply to my email dated today and attach the new permission. Thank you again. Darkwind (พูดคุย) 23:48, 9 ตุลาคม 2556 (ICT)
Another OTRS ticket[แก้]
Concerning the article ลวดมัดปากถุง which seems to have been deleted for copyright issues. The copyright owner has licensed the content on these pages:  and  under CC-BY-SA (unversioned) and GFDL (unversioned, no disclaimers). OTRS ticket number is 2013091310000952. I don't know if your policy is to undelete at this point, or what. Thanks! Darkwind (พูดคุย) 03:06, 20 ตุลาคม 2556 (ICT)
- I have asked Syr85 to answer your request here . Please wait for his reply. We can definitely undelete things but most of the time the content is not in a encyclopedia tone and we prefer that they rewrite the text and resubmit. --Taweethaも (พูดคุย) 06:11, 20 ตุลาคม 2556 (ICT)
- deleted for copyright issue and content is not in a encyclopedia tone. found "© 2009 www.thaicoatedwire.com" on the bottom of all pages. --Sry85 (พูดคุย) 12:57, 20 ตุลาคม 2556 (ICT)
Article request: Prostitution in Thailand[แก้]
Would anyone mind writing a short stub on en:Prostitution in Thailand? I'm surprised it doesn't yet have an article in Thai.
Call for Lao-speaking editors[แก้]
On the Thai Wikipedia how many can speak Lao? en:Lao Airlines Flight 301 still does not have an article written in Lao. Would someone mind writing one? Thanks, WhisperToMe (พูดคุย) 14:24, 1 พฤศจิกายน 2556 (ICT)
Introducting Beta Features[แก้]
(Apologies for writing in English. Please translate if necessary)
We would like to let you know about Beta Features, a new program from the Wikimedia Foundation that lets you try out new features before they are released for everyone.
Think of it as a digital laboratory where community members can preview upcoming software and give feedback to help improve them. This special preference page lets designers and engineers experiment with new features on a broad scale, but in a way that's not disruptive.
Beta Features is now ready for testing on MediaWiki.org. It will also be released on Wikimedia Commons and MetaWiki this Thursday, 7 November. Based on test results, the plan is to release it on all wikis worldwide on 21 November, 2013.
Here are the first features you can test this week:
- Media Viewer — view images in large size or full screen
- VisualEditor Formulæ (for wikis with VisualEditor) — edit algebra or equations on your pages
- Typography Refresh — make text more readable (coming Thursday)
Would you like to try out Beta Features now? After you log in on MediaWiki.org, a small 'Beta' link will appear next to your 'Preferences'. Click on it to see features you can test, check the ones you want, then click 'Save'. Learn more on the Beta Features page.
After you've tested Beta Features, please let the developers know what you think on this discussion page -- or report any bugs here on Bugzilla. You're also welcome to join this IRC office hours chat on Friday, 8 November at 18:30 UTC.
Beta Features was developed by the Wikimedia Foundation's Design, Multimedia and VisualEditor teams. Along with other developers, they will be adding new features to this experimental program every few weeks. They are very grateful to all the community members who helped create this project — and look forward to many more productive collaborations in the future.
Call for comments on draft trademark policy[แก้]
Picture of Dr. Pracha Prasobdee[แก้]
Did you see that there is a deletion request for the picture of this article on Commons: commons:Commons:Deletion requests/File:ดร.ประชา ประสพดี.jpg. Specifically, since this is the only edit of this user, there is some suspicion that he is the photographer. This is a professional portrait made in a studio. Could you help please? And please answer on Commons. Sorry, I don't speak Thai. ;o) Thanks, Yann (พูดคุย) 21:14, 16 ธันวาคม 2556 (ICT)
Request for comment on Commons: Should Wikimedia support MP4 video?[แก้]
I apologize for this message being only in English. Please translate it if needed to help your community.
The Wikimedia Foundation's multimedia team seeks community guidance on a proposal to support the MP4 video format. This digital video standard is used widely around the world to record, edit and watch videos on mobile phones, desktop computers and home video devices. It is also known as H.264/MPEG-4 or AVC.
Supporting the MP4 format would make it much easier for our users to view and contribute video on Wikipedia and Wikimedia projects -- and video files could be offered in dual formats on our sites, so we could continue to support current open formats (WebM and Ogg Theora).
However, MP4 is a patent-encumbered format, and using a proprietary format would be a departure from our current practice of only supporting open formats on our sites -- even though the licenses appear to have acceptable legal terms, with only a small fee required.
We would appreciate your guidance on whether or not to support MP4. Our Request for Comments presents views both in favor and against MP4 support, based on opinions we’ve heard in our discussions with community and team members.
All users are welcome to participate, whether you are active on Commons, Wikipedia, other Wikimedia project -- or any site that uses content from our free media repository.
You are also welcome to join tomorrow's Office hours chat on IRC, this Thursday, January 16, at 19:00 UTC, if you would like to discuss this project with our team and other community members.
Universal Language Selector will be enabled by default again on this wiki by 21 February 2014[แก้]
On January 21 2014 the MediaWiki extension Universal Language Selector (ULS) was disabled on this wiki. A new preference was added for logged-in users to turn on ULS. This was done to prevent slow loading of pages due to ULS webfonts, a behaviour that had been observed by the Wikimedia Technical Operations team on some wikis.
We are now ready to enable ULS again. The temporary preference to enable ULS will be removed. A new checkbox has been added to the Language Panel to enable/disable font delivery. This will be unchecked by default for this wiki, but can be selected at any time by the users to enable webfonts. This is an interim solution while we improve the feature of webfonts delivery.
Call for project ideas: funding is available for community experiments[แก้]
I apologize if this message is not in your language. Please help translate it.
Do you have an idea for a project that could improve your community? Individual Engagement Grants from the Wikimedia Foundation help support individuals and small teams to organize experiments for 6 months. You can get funding to try out your idea for online community organizing, outreach, tool-building, or research to help make วิกิพีเดีย better. In March, we’re looking for new project proposals.
Examples of past Individual Engagement Grant projects:
- Organizing social media for Chinese Wikipedia ($350 for materials)
- Improving gadgets for Visual Editor ($4500 for developers)
- Coordinating access to reliable sources for Wikipedians ($7500 for project management, consultants and materials)
- Building community and strategy for Wikisource (€10000 for organizing and travel)
Hope to have your participation,
--Siko Bouterse, Head of Individual Engagement Grants, Wikimedia Foundation 02:44, 1 มีนาคม 2557 (ICT)
Changes to the default site typography coming soon[แก้]
This week, the typography on Wikimedia sites will be updated for all readers and editors who use the default "Vector" skin. This change will involve new serif fonts for some headings, small tweaks to body content fonts, text size, text color, and spacing between elements. The schedule is:
- April 1st: non-Wikipedia projects will see this change live
- April 3rd: Wikipedias will see this change live
This change is very similar to the "Typography Update" Beta Feature that has been available on Wikimedia projects since November 2013. After several rounds of testing and with feedback from the community, this Beta Feature will be disabled and successful aspects enabled in the default site appearance. Users who are logged in may still choose to use another skin, or alter their personal CSS, if they prefer a different appearance. Local common CSS styles will also apply as normal, for issues with local styles and scripts that impact all users.
For more information: